[ISHMap-List] Recent PhDs list

Török Zsolt Győző zoltorok at ludens.elte.hu
Sat Jan 31 16:11:36 CET 2015

Dear ISHMap-Listers,

Can you help, please, in connection with the Imago Mundi 'Chronicle', whose annual text I am now completing. For many years I have included brief details of recently awarded doctorates relating to the history of cartography. I am aware of the following recent awards, which will also be included in the cumulative listing (from 1995) on 'Map History' ( http://www.maphistory.info/phd.html ):

Christina Findlay Connett
Natali€™a Michailovna Erman
Galia Halpern
Dale Kedwards
Pilar Alonso Lifante
Valeria Manfrè
Roel Nicolai
Maria Pazarli
Marina Sergeevna Popova
Catherine Porter
Goran Sekulovski
Alexey Vladimirovich Sobesevich
Leah Michelle Thomas

Do you know of any others?

Besides those named above, other people contacted me earlier with details of their dissertation in progress. I may have tried to contact you recently but, If you have completed (and therefore moved) I will not have your correct email address, so do please get in touch.
I am aware of a number of other PhD students who are working with early maps, but whom I have been unable to contact. If this applies to you, or you know somebody in that position, this would be a good time to email me, so that I can include those details on ( http://www.maphistory.info/futurephd.html )
Finally, I am always interested in adding doctorates from several years ago, which I had missed, even if these are too late for this 'Chronicle'.

Thank you for any help.

Tony Campbell
tony at tonycampbell.info

PS: We very much hope that young scholars listed above and/or active in the field would also consider joining the International Society for the History of the Map :-)
For more info pls our website.