[ISHMap-List] responding to list posts

Alexey Postnikov postnikov at comtv.ru
Sat May 10 20:45:47 CEST 2014

From: 	postnikov at comtv.ru
	Subject: 	Re: [ISHMap-List] Maybe Heads of State Shouldn't Give Maps
as Presents (D'Anville map of China)

	Date: 	9 мая 2014 г. 18:19:11 GMT+04:00

	To: 	joel at theprimemeridian.com

Dear Joel,

As you might know, I dedicated more then 40 years of my life to
research on the history of the Russian-Chinese boundary formation. So
I know from original sources the real history of the Chinese Empire's
territorial expansion. So the D'Anville map of China is much more
objective then the modern Chinese history text books.

I had published three books on this theme and a few papers, some of
them in English, and I became in a way a persona non grata with my
Chinese colleagues although they did not published anything opposing
my views.

Please, find below some references on my publications.

Постников А.В. История географического
изучения и картографирования Сибири и
Дальнего Востока в XVII – начале XX века в
связи с формированием русско-
китайской границы / Под общ. Ред. Б.В.
Базарова. – М.: ЛЕНАРД, 2014. 384 с. ISBN
978-5-9710-0699-2  (Postnikov A.V. Istoriya geograficheskogo
izucheniya i kartografirovaniya Sibiri i Dal’nego Vostoka v XVII –
nachale XX veka v svyazi s formirovaniem russko-kitayskoy granitsy [A
History of Geographical Exploration and Mapping of Siberia and Far
East (XVII – beginning of XX c.) connected with the formation of the
Russian Chinese Boundary]. Ed. B.V. Bazarov (Moscow: LENARD, 2014) 284
pages)

Постников А.В. Из истории первого
английского посольства в Бутан и Тибет
(1774-1775 гг.): Джордж Богл и его
«Меморандумы». – М.: Международный
центр Рерихов, ИИЕТ РАН, Мастер-Банк,
2012. – 512 с., ил. (Postnikov A.V. On the History of the First
British Embassy in Bhutan and Tibet (1774-1775): George Bogle and His
Memorandums. (Moscow: International Center of the Roerichs, Master
Bank, 2012), 512 pages, ISBN 978-5-86988-241-7.

Postnikov A.V.  Skhvatka na “Kryshe Mira”: politiki, razvedchiki i
geografy v bor’be za Pamir v XIX veke.[New enlaged and improved
edition] (Moscow: “OOO ID RIPOL klassik, 2005), 512 p.,ill.:
http://www.icr.su/upload/Postnikov.pdf

Postnikov A.V.  Stanovlenie rubezhey Rossii v Tsentral’noy i Sredney
Azii (XVIII-XIX vv.) Rol’ istoriko-geograficheskikh issledovaniy i
kartografirovaniya. Monografiya v dokumentakh. [Russia’s boundaries
Formation in the Central Asia (XVIII-XIX centuries): Role of
Historical-Geographical Explorations and Cartography. Monography in
documents.  (Moscow: “Pamyatniki istoricheskoy mysli, 2007), 462 p.,
22 maps.

Postnekove A.W. Afghanistan and The Pamir dispute. Translated by M.
Tahir Kani. (Münich: Verein sur Forderung der Afghanischen Kultur E.V,
[2005]) . [Translation into Pushtu of the book Postnikov A.V.
Skhvatka na “Kryshe Mira”.../next in this list/].

Postnikov A.V.  Skhvatka na “Kryshe Mira”: politiki, razvedchiki i
geografy v bor’be za Pamir v XIX veke.[New enlaged and improved
edition] (Moscow: “OOO ID RIPOL klassik, 2005), 512 p.,ill.
Postnikov A.V.  Skhvatka na “Kryshe Mira”: politiki, razvedchiki i
geografy v bor’be za Pamir v XIX veke (monografiya v dokumentakh).
(Moscow: “Pamyatniki istoricheskoy mysli, 2001), 416 p., 8 sheets of
maps.

With best regards,

Alexey

Alexey V. Postnikov (Full Professor, Doctor of Science)
Director "IMAGO MUNDI" International Journal on the History of
Cartography
The Honorable Scientist of the Russian Federation
Academician
International Academy of the History of Science (Paris)
Corresponding Member
European Academy of Sciences (Brussels)
Chief Research Fellow
Russian Academy of Sciences'
Institute of the History of Science and Technology
address (office): 1/5 Staropansky St. Moscow 109012
Russia
address (home): 62, 21, 12, Novoslobodskaya Street, Moscow 127055
Russia
Phone: (7-499)-978-25-57 (home)
Cell Phone:    (7-985)-361-90-42
E-mail: apostnik at ihst.ru (office)