[ISHMap-List] post-1750 Moll map of Florida

Joel Kovarsky joel at theprimemeridian.com
Sat Mar 8 20:13:40 CET 2014

Jay,

Not sure this make life any less tangled, other than perhaps indicating
that the name change took place earlier than you thought and maybe there
were several states of the later map:
http://fcit.usf.edu/florida/maps/pages/2900/f2924/f2924.htm . The
bibliographic entry there is copied below. Maybe the folks at that
library could help, if I haven't misunderstood something else.

Title: Florida : the north part of the Gulf of Mexico with the adjacent
territories belonging to Great Britain and to France.
Projection: Unknown
Source Bounding Coordinates:
W: -109 E: -77 N: 40 S: 22.5

<http://fcit.usf.edu/florida/maps/pages/2900/f2924/f2924.zip>

Center. Rare Maps Collection: Notes from USF Library:Hand col. engraved
map. Relief shown pictoriallyScale [ca. 1:10,250,000]; (W 109000--W
77000/N 400-- --N 22030).Measurements.Dimensions: 19 x 26 cm
Place Names: 1720-1739, Saint Augustine, Pensacola
ISO Topic Categories: boundaries, inlandWaters, oceans
adjacent territories belonging to Great Britain and to France.,
physical, political, historical, physical features, topographical,
country borders, major political subdivisions, boundaries, inlandWaters,
oceans, Unknown,1736
Source: Herman Moll, /Atlas minor ... [1736]. pl. 54 /(London, : Thos.
Bowles and John Bowles , 1736)

                   Joel