[Icacogvis] Help out a MSc student by participating in their study / Full paper deadline for ICC this Friday 9 April / Register for Adapting User Experiments Workshop

Amy Griffin amy.griffin at rmit.edu.au
Wed Apr 7 17:47:47 CEST 2021

RMIT Classification: Trusted

Hello CogVizers,

We have several pieces of news for you:

1) Full paper deadline for ICC 2021 is this Friday 9 April. Submit your papers here: https://www.icc2021.net/

2) Registration is now open for the Adaptable Research Methods For Empirical Research with Map Users workshop on 6 May: https://cogvis.icaci.org/21_adaptable.html

3) Please consider helping out a MSc student by participating in their research study. Details are below. If you are teaching a course and think your students would be interested to participate, you can forward the link to them.

Cheers,
Amy

Hello everyone,

I am a student of Leibniz University Hannover pursuing a master’s degree in Geodesy and Geoinformatics. For the completion of my master’s degree, I am carrying out a user study as part of my thesis titled “Using Dynamic Visual Variables for Visualizing Efficiency in Route Maps“ The research focuses on improvement of routing display in navigation maps. I would appreciate it if you could help go through this questionnaire to further analyse the developed hypothesis. No background knowledge about the topic is required. Please be aware that it is in no way possible to link your data to your name, and your anonymity is protected.

Also, I have added an incentive to give 10 participants an amazon voucher of 10 euros each. It is not compulsory to participate in this raffle.

Kindly use the link below to access the questionnaire.

https://ww3.unipark.de/uc/route_choice/<https://aus01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fww3.unipark.de%2Fuc%2Froute_choice%2F&data=04%7C01%7Camy.griffin%40rmit.edu.au%7C9457c38e31a04dc3ccd108d8f9b22bf1%7Cd1323671cdbe4417b4d4bdb24b51316b%7C0%7C0%7C637533891604371632%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&sdata=q9fIYMJlURZ3ycOonIHHHhe0nzIwFWU9jo%2FLS2IlKg0%3D&reserved=0>

For further information or questions regarding the study, please contact me using the following email address:

dare at stud.uni-hannover.de<mailto:dare at stud.uni-hannover.de>

Dr Amy L. Griffin | pronouns: she/hers
ICA Commission on Cognitive Issues in Geographic Information Visualization (CogViz) Co-Chair

Senior Lecturer of Geospatial Science
School of Science
RMIT University
GPO Box 2476