7. Structural elements of the database of the digital basic map
The database DAT is composed structurally of elements as follows:
a) Tables of the primitives along with the relative relationships
and data quality attributes:
b) Tables of the objects by levels of class along with the relative
attributes and relationships:
- table of nodes,
- table of line segments,
- table of edges,
- table of faces.
c) Tables of the attributes:
- for point objects,
- for line objects,
- for surface objects,
- for data of matrix structure (blocks of terrain model),
- tables of explanatory texts.
d) Tables of the possible relationship types:
- tables of possible attribute values valid for the attribute types (within it for the data quality, too),
- tables of object and attribute identification codes of the branches.
e) Other tables:
- for topological relationship,
- for thematical relationship (optional).
- identification data of the database,
- data and information describing the database,
- description of macro-level (catalogue-like) of the database,
- tables of fundamental data of the reference and projection system,
- tables of the elements of the display,
- rules and data of the lettering of map,
- legend elements (cell library, line types and surface fulfilling elements),
- geocode table,
- data not conceived in this standard (accordingly optional) and presumably necessary (e.g. description of macro level of the database).
Formal data structure of the database of the digital basic map
Jump to the Homepage of Department of Cartography and Geoinformatics, Eötvös University, Budapest!