[ISHMap-List] NEW! Announcing Map Month May 2018 at Denver Public Library
lorraine.sherry at comcast.net
Thu Mar 22 17:44:29 CET 2018
The Rocky Mountain Map Society is a non-profit organization dedicated to the
study and appreciation of maps and other items of cartographic interest. The
Society was formed in 1991 and is based in Denver, Colorado.
Rocky Mountain Map Society's Annual Map Month: "Maps and War" - May 2018
Denver Public Library
All lectures at 5:30 PM Denver Public Library, Conference Room B2.
These programs are free and open to the community.
The Denver Public Library's Western History Department will have an exhibit
on the fifth floor, featuring maps of war including its artifacts from the
Tenth Mountain Division..
Dates: Tuesdays, May 1, 8, 15, and 22, 2018
Time: Lecture Series at 5:30 PM
Location: Denver Public Library, Room B2
* May 1: Chris Lane, owner of the Philadelphia Print Shop West, Denver
- "Mapping the French and Indian War"
* May 8: Susan Schulten, Professor of the History Department at
University of Denver - "The Civil War through Maps
* May 15: Greg Miller, Science and Technology Journalist - "Cold War
* May 22: David Little, Secretary of the Tenth Mountain Division
Foundation - "Tenth Mountain Division mapping during World War II"
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ISHM