[ISHMap-List] Recently awarded doctorates relating to the history of cartography

Tony Campbell tonycampbellockendon at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 13:16:27 CET 2017

Can you help, please, in connection with the Imago Mundi 'Chronicle',
whose annual text I am now completing.

For many years I have included brief details of recently awarded
doctorates relating to the history of cartography.

I am aware of the following recent awards, which will also be included
in the cumulative listing (from 1995) on 'Map History'
(http://www.maphistory.info/phd.html):

Michael Albert *Blaakman*
Dean W. *Bond
* Stephanie *Casha Vida
* Valentina *De Santi*
Hannah *Fitzpatrick
* Matthew E. *Franco
* Primož *Gašperič
* Monica A. *Hoffman
* Jonathan Felix Ribeiro *Lopes*
Tomaš *Nenartovič
* Katherine A. *Parker*
Soetkin *Vervust
* Timothy R. *Wallace*

This is a fair shorter list than usual. What is that telling us about
our subject or academia as a whole?

My thanks as usual to Matthew Edney. Do you know of any others?

Besides those named above, other people have given me details of their
dissertation in progress. If you are one of those, I may have tried to
contact you recently but, if you have completed (and therefore moved), I
will not have your correct email address, so do please write to me.

I am also aware of a number of other current PhD students who are
working with early maps, but whom I have been unable to contact. If this
applies to you, or you know somebody in that position, this would be a
good time to email me, so that I can include those details on
(http://www.maphistory.info/futurephd.html).

Finally, I am always interested in adding doctorates from several years
ago, which I had missed, even if these are too late for this 'Chronicle'.

Thank you for any help.

Tony Campbell

tony at tonycampbell.info
tonycampbellockendon at GMAIL.COM