[ISHMap-List] Information for the Imago Mundi 'Chronicle'

Tony Campbell tonycampbellockendon at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 12:48:50 CET 2017

This is my annual request for information that might be relevant for the
'Chronicle' section in /Imago Mundi: the International Journal for the
History of Cartography/.

Please send me any information that you think /might/ be of interest to an
international audience.  It should be news relating to the past twelve
months [though I can store future information for use next year] and it
should
be of direct concern to the /history of cartography/. I should already have
any news contained in ISHMap-List and lismaps messages.

We are seeking information relating to the following headings:

1. *Personal News* - deaths, significant appointments, prizes & awards,
research fellowships, and doctorates

2. *Conferences & Meetings *- obviously I use John Docktor's listing
(http://www.docktor.com/
<imap://tonycampbellockendon%40gmail%2Ecom@imap.googlemail.com:993/fetch%3EUID%3E/ARCHIVE%20%28ex%20Claranet%29/Chronicle%3E3>)
but there are always some events that are never
publicised. Individual talks are _not_ listed, nor, generally, are
lecture series.

3. *Institutional & General News
*
4. *Exhibitions* - again, I use John Docktor's listing
(http://www.docktor.com)
<imap://tonycampbellockendon%40gmail%2Ecom@imap.googlemail.com:993/fetch%3EUID%3E/ARCHIVE%20%28ex%20Claranet%29/Chronicle%3E3>

5. *Notable Acquisitions* by institutions, "featuring only collections,
manuscript material, and rare, significant or bibliographically
important printed
atlases, maps, charts and globes".

6. *Unusual items that have come up for sale*. This section is compiled by
Kate Marshall [katem260 at hotmail.com] and Nick Trimming
[nick(at)crouchrarebooks.com].
Please send information directly to them.

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
For further details and sample entries, please see
http://www.maphistory.info/chronicleletter.html
<imap://tonycampbellockendon%40gmail%2Ecom@imap.googlemail.com:993/fetch%3EUID%3E/ARCHIVE%20%28ex%20Claranet%29/Chronicle%3E3>

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

'Chronicle' is the official record of what has happened in our field over
the previous year.  Its completeness depends, to a considerable extent, on
what is supplied by others.  If you have any information that you think
might be relevant, please send it to me, and I can decide if it is
appropriate or not. Do not worry if you think I may already have the
information.  It is better if details are sent to me four times than not at
all.

Information about publications, for the Bibliography, should be sent,
please, to
Stephanie Cyr [scyr(at)leventhalmap.org] and David Weimer
[dweimer(at)fas.harvard.edu].

To meet this year's deadline, I need information *as soon as possible
*please.

Thank you.

Tony Campbell
Editor of the /Imago Mundi/ 'Chronicle'