[ISHMap-List] Recently awarded doctorates relating to the history of cartography

Tony Campbell tonycampbellockendon at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 16:45:52 CET 2016

Can you help, please, in connection with the Imago Mundi 'Chronicle',
whose annual text I am now completing.

For many years I have included brief details of recently awarded
doctorates relating to the history of cartography.

I am aware of the following recent awards, which will also be included
in the cumulative listing (from 1995) on 'Map History'
(http://www.maphistory.info/phd.html):

Benjamin P. Breen,

Eric Vanden Bussche

Mario Cams

Richard Allen Catlin III

Serina A. Cinnamon

Alyssa L. Connell

Jeffrey Alan Erbig, Jr

Stefan Fuchs

Jorge Guzmán-Gutiérrez

Hilary Haakenson

M.M.Th.L. (Marc) Hameleers

Annaliese Jacobs

Taylor Rebecca Kennamer

Radu Leca

Fan Lin

Erin Maglaque

William Karl Martin

Peter Nekola

Ismo Pentti Kalervo Puhakka

Jasper Cornelis van Putten

David Alejandro Ramírez Palacios,

Alvaro Agustin, Santana-Acuna

Margaret E. Schotte

Stig Roar Svenningsen

Madalina-Valeria Veres

Stephen Anthony Walsh

Do you know of any others?

Besides those named above, other people contacted me earlier with
details of their dissertation in progress. If you are one of those, I
may have tried to contact you recently but, if you have completed (and
therefore moved), I will not have your correct email address, so do
please get in touch.

I am aware of a number of other current PhD students who are working
with early maps, but whom I have been unable to contact. If this applies
to you, or you know somebody in that position, this would be a good time
to email me, so that I can include those details on
(http://www.maphistory.info/futurephd.html)

Finally, I am always interested in adding doctorates from several years
ago, which I had missed, even if these are too late for this 'Chronicle'.

Thank you for any help.

Tony Campbell

tony at tonycampbell.info

'Map History / History of Cartography: THE Gateway to the Subject'
http://www.maphistory.info/

https://independent.academia.edu/CampbellTony