[ISHMap-List] Cambridge Seminars in the History of Cartography

Anne Taylor aemt2 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Sep 18 10:36:41 CEST 2015

Dear all

Please see below for the programme for 2015-16. All are very welcome: do
come!
A poster can be printed from our web page (see below)

Sarah Bendall

CAMBRIDGE SEMINARS IN THE HISTORY OF CARTOGRAPHY

Emmanuel College, St Andrew's Street, Cambridge CB2 3AP

Gardner Room, 5.30pm

/Tuesday 24 November 2015/

Professor Michael Heffernan and Ben Thorpe (University of Nottingham)

The Map That Would Save Europe: The Tariff Walls Map and the Politics of
Cartographic Display Between the Wars

/Tuesday 23 February 2016 /

Dorian Gerhold (London)

Plans of London buildings drawn c.1450-1720

/Tuesday 3 May 2016 /

Dr Douglas Lockhart (formerly University of Keele)

Alexander Ogg (1811-65): surveyor, farmer and gold prospector,
Aberdeenshire and New Zealand

All are welcome

For any enquiries, please contact Sarah Bendall at
sarah.bendall at emma.cam.ac.uk <mailto:sarah.bendall at emma.cam.ac.uk>,

tel. 01223 330476

Refreshments will be available after each seminar

Web page:
http://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/collections/departments/maps/cartographic-events/camsem

The seminars are kindly supported by Emmanuel College Cambridge

For further information contact:
Sarah Bendall
Fellow and Development Director
Emmanuel College
Cambridge CB2 3AP
Tel. +44-1223-330476
Fax +44-1223-762793

This email is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient please accept our apologies; please do not disclose, copy, or
distribute information in this email nor take any action in reliance on
its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
Please inform us that this message has gone astray before deleting it.

Thank you for your co-operation.

Emmanuel College,
Cambridge,
CB2 3AP
Registered Charity No. 1137456

--
Anne Taylor
Head of Map Department, Cambridge University Library, West Road, Cambridge CB3 9DR
Tel: 01223-333041.   Fax: 01223-333160.   email: aemt2 at cam.ac.uk
www.lib.cam.ac.uk/collections/departments/maps

!!VAT NUMBER: G.B. 823 8476 09!!