[Ica-sdistandards] Full paper by the Commission for the ICC2017 - schedule for contributions...

Serena Coetzee serenacoetzee at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 21:09:20 CEST 2016

Dear all,

thanks for all of you who have responded so far - quite a list (see bottom of this email)! That's great!

Since there are so many contributors, I don’t think a Skype call is practical. I will rather try to explain what needs to be done and coordinate via email. We have a tight deadline (26 October). Here is my proposed schedule:

Friday, 14 October: 		Email your first contributions about SDI implementations at universities and research institutes to me serenacoetzee at gmail.com <mailto:serenacoetzee at gmail.com>
Tuesday, 18 October: 		I will circulate a paper in which I have integrated all the contributions (possible with questions to you); updated section 4 (Figure 2 and Table 3), based on your contributions; and added a first draft 						of the discussion and conclusion.
Monday, 24 October: 		Email your corrections/comments/suggestions to me
Wednesday, 26 October: 	Submit the final paper paper (Serena)

For those of you contributing to section 3, please describe the SDI implementation based on the following:
·       Describe the purpose/intent of the SDI, current state of the SDI
·       Identify and describe the SDI stakeholders (Policy Maker, Producer, Provider, Broker, VAR, End User) that are/were involved and what their roles/mandates are/were.
·       Lessons learnt about the stakeholders – who was important, who not? If the SDI was a success, how did the stakeholders contribute to this? If the SDI failed, how did the stakeholders contribute to this, e.g. were
	important stakeholders not involved? Or did they not have an appropriate mandate? Or did they not understand the concept of an SDI….?
·       Keep the description to one page. I have attached the author guidelines for your perusal.

For those of you contributing to section 2, please send me your contributions as text in a MS Word document or email (no need to use the author guidelines).
·       Please include details of any references cited in the text.

Any questions, please let me know. I am looking forward to this!

Promised contributions so far:

Section 3 (Implementations of SDIs at universities and research institutes):
Barend Koebben - University of Twente, Netherlands
Barend will follow up with person from Groningen (or do it himself?) - University of Groningen, Netherlands
Petr Rapant - Technical University of Ostrava, Czech Republic
Antony Cooper - CSIR, South Africa
Stefan Steiniger - Universities in Chile
Stefan Steiniger or someone else? - Universities in Germany
Samy Katumba - Wits, South Africa?
Adam Iwania, Iwona Kaczmarek - Wroclaw University of Environmental and Life Sciences, Poland

Section 2 (related work):
Kisco Sinvula, Samy Katumba, Barend Koebben (anybody else is welcome to make contributions to this section)

Others:
Harald Moellering offered to be the internal Commission reviewer, commentator and memory. He was Commission Chair when the model was developed, so that will be very helpful for us :-).
Ammatzia Peled, Tatiana Delgado and Rumiana Vatseva – they will let me know what they would like to contribute.

Regards,
--
Serena Coetzee

Geography Building 3-5
Centre for Geoinformation Science, Department Geography, Geoinformatics and Meteorology, University of Pretoria, Private Bag X20, Hatfield, 0028, South Africa
email: serena.coetzee at up.ac.za · Web: www.up.ac.za/cgis · Mobile: +27 82 464 4294 · Tel: +27 12 420 3823