[ISHMap-List] Recovering the inscriptions on the Martellus map

Luis Robles luis.a.robles.macias at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 08:01:50 CEST 2014

I am excited about this project and look forward to the surprises it may reveal. I am also very glad that the images will be made available over the internet.

If I may, I would like to make a request to those involved in the project. Could you please keep an eye open for traces of cartographic marks like scales, parallels or (who knows) meridians? They may have been drawn by different hands than the text, perhaps using different pigments, and so may have degraded differently over time.

Thanks

Luis Robles

Short message sent from my cell phone.