[ISHMap-List] Distinguishing between loose leaf maps from 1513 and 1520 Ptolemy

Joel Kovarsky joel at theprimemeridian.com
Sun Jun 29 22:07:16 CEST 2014

Although not singularly applicable to your Holy Land Map, it sounds like
there can be watermark variation even within a single atlas issue:
http://cool.conservation-us.org/coolaic/sg/bpg/annual/v30/bp30-01.pdf .
Perhaps Chet van Duzer has some knowledge of this situation, given his
remarks. The link I cite calls into question the presumption concerning
utilization of a single source of paper.

            Joel Kovarsky