[Icacogvis] CogVis 2020 Updates

Amy Griffin amy.griffin at rmit.edu.au
Wed Mar 18 13:00:22 CET 2020

Dear CogVisers,

Firstly, we hope that all of you are keeping well. The COVID-19 pandemic has likely been on all of your minds and we hope everyone and their loved ones have not been unwell and continue to stay healthy.

The CogVis leadership team wanted to provide some updates about how the pandemic is affecting our planned activities for this year.

  *   Workshop on Indoor Cartography, Znojmo, Czech Republic, 10-12 June 2020 has been POSTPONED. We hope to be able to put on this same planned workshop in 2021 around the same time of year. Please watch the listserv for announcements later in the year.

  *   Sessions on Spatial Cognition in the Mobile Era at the 28th Chinese Professionals in Geographic Information Sciences Conference in Nanchang, China, originally scheduled 26-28 June 2020, has been postponed to 2-4 August 2020. Submission deadlines have been delayed until 20 May. Abstracts can be submitted at the conference website<https://www.cpgis.org/Conferences/ConferenceDefault.aspx?ID=1076>.

  *   Workshop on Analytical Reasoning: Cartography, Visualization, Design, Warsaw, Poland, 14 September 2020, 2-page paper deadline 15 May. See the workshop website<http://carto-vis-workshop.uw.edu.pl> for the CFP (co-organised with the ICA Commissions on User Experience and Visual Analytics, together with the University of Warsaw Department of Geoinformatics, Cartography and Remote Sensing). As of today, the workshop is still planned to go ahead. All of the organisers are monitoring the situation and we will keep you updated of any changes.

Stay well,

Amy, Petr & Pyry