[Hallgato] Fw: [geovis] MSc Position Announcement at the Unversity of New Brunswick

Gede Mátyás saman at map.elte.hu
2015. Május. 14., Cs, 07:51:00 CEST

From: Monica Wachowicz <monicawachowicz at gmail.com>
To: geovis at iais.fraunhofer.de
Sent: Wed, 13 May 2015 16:03:13 -0300
Subject: [geovis] MSc Position Announcement at the Unversity of New Brunswick

Masters Graduate Opportunity

OPEN MSc Position in Mapping for Internet of Things

People in Motion Lab, University of New Brunswick

Maps have never been more widely used, and they are critical for developing
new applications for the Internet of Things (IoT). We are seeking an MSc
student who will work with the industry and government to develop the next
generation of maps by aiming at the design of [UTF-8?]“maps you can move
[UTF-8?]in” and
[UTF-8?]“maps you can use as an interface to gain insights from IoT data
[UTF-8?]streams.”
The main research question is [UTF-8?]“How can we design embedded, personalized,
adaptive and anticipatory maps to a world in which [UTF-8?]‘intelligence’
will be
embedded in virtually everything around [UTF-8?]us?” The scope of research
includes
map-based interfaces to new IoT devices where we can incorporate more
information to billions of users that is critical for their real-time
decision making.

We are looking for candidates with a background in GIS, visual analytics,
and an interest in Internet of Things. The student will be based at the
University of New Brunswick and work closely with colleagues at the Cisco
Internet of Things Centre in Toronto, a new hub for innovation,
experimentation, and thought-leadership in Canada. Funding will be a
minimum of $19,000 per year for three years starting September 2015.

Please send by email your statement of interest, resume and the name of
three references to Dr. Monica Wachowicz, Department of Geodesy and
Geomatics, University of New Brunswick (monicaw at unb.ca) by June 20th. For
more information, please contact monicaw at unb.ca.

Monica Wachowicz

Cisco Chair in Big Data Analytics

Cartographica Editor-in-Chief
University of New Brunswick
Department of Geodesy and Geomatics Engineering

People In Motion Lab <http://www.people-in-motion-lab.org/>

15 Dineen Drive

Head Hall, Floor E, Room 50

PO Box 4400
Fredericton NB, E3B 5A3 CANADA
Tel : +1 506 447 8113 | Fax +1 506 453 4943

GEDE Mátyás
ELTE Térképtudományi és Geoinformatikai Tanszék, Budapest