[StipHu] Invitation to participate in an optional subject: Cartographic Information Processing & School Cartography

Jesus Reyes jesusreyes at caesar.elte.hu
Wed Feb 5 12:35:19 CET 2020

Dear students,

This semester the department announces by second time an optional subject to be offered in English for all the students: Cartographic Information Processing & School Cartography.
This course is organized under the Erasmus collaboration signed with four universities: the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ,  Brazil), the Fluminense Federal University (UFF, Brazil),  the Vilnius University (VU, Lithuania) and the Politechnic University of Catalonia (UPC, Spain). Two credits can be obtained and lectures will be given by guest professors coming from those institutions between May 4 and 6:
• Prof. Paulo Menezes, ex Vice-President of the International Cartographic Association (ICA) and Head of GeoCart Laboratory at UFRJ
• Prof. Angelica di Maio, from the Department of Geoenvironmental Analysis at UFF, coordinator of Brazilian Cartographic Olympics
TWo addtional presentations will be offered by the next guest professors (title, place and time will be given later):
• Prof. Giedre Beconyte , Head of Department of Spatial Information at Vilnius University
• Prof. María Amparo Nunez, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the Politechnic University of Catalonia
The list of topics can be read on the notice boards in our department.
Our department invites and encourages all of you to participate in this optional course. Please do not forget that you should register for the course in Neptun System to obtain the two credits.
 If you have any question or doubt, do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

Jesus Reyes

José Jesús REYES NUNEZ, PhD. Associate Professor
ICA Commission on Cartography and Children, Vice-Chair
Vice-dean for International Affairs, Faculty of Informatics
Department of Cartography and Geoinformatics
Eotvos Lorand University
Pazmany Peter setany 1/A, Budapest,
H-1117
Tel: +36 1 372 2975 Fax: +36 1 372 2951