[StipHu] 23rd of October and Autumn break

Veronika Kiss k.vera0412 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 13:01:00 CEST 2019

Dear Students,

there are some important dates in October, you should know, when you have
to come to school, when not.

23rd October is National Holiday in Hungary - shops/offices will be closed,
no tuition.
Also, November 1st is a National Holiday in Hungary (with most
shops/offices being closed), it is the All Saints' Day. You can read about
it here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Saints%27_Day. (Nevertheless Halloween is
also celebrated by some, but not as much as in English-speaking countries.)

Let me remind you, that the Autumn Break at our University (and generally
in education in Hungary) is between 28-31st Ocober, i.e. no school from
October 28th (Monday) until November 1st (Friday). Education continues on
November 4th (Monday).

Let me also remind you that Daylight Saving Time in Hungary ends on October
27th (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving_time).
Your computers and smart devices might adjust themselves automatically, but
make sure that all your clocks are set correctly!

Best regards,
Veronika