[StipHu] Field trip - first year students

Veronika Kiss k.vera0412 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 14:46:31 CEST 2017

Dear Students!

As I promised, here are some important informations for your trip on Friday:

>From Budapest to 'Visegrád, nagymarosi rév' station you can travel by bus.
The buses depart from Újpest-Városkapu bus station (it's at the terminal
for Metro 3). There is one bus (number of the bus: 880) in every hour:
7.35, 8.35, 9.35, 10.35, and so on, the journey takes 1 hour and 15 minutes.
There will be ticket vending machines where you can easily buy tickets for
the bus before it leaves (you can't buy tickets on the bus).

At Visegrád, you'll arrive at the ferry station, from where you can access
the citycentre.
It's not a big city, so you'll have time to wander around.

In the afternoon, you have two choices to travel back to Budapest. You can
either take the bus just like in the morning, or you can choose the ferry
to get to Nagymaros, and from there you can travel back by train. There are
only one ferry hourly: 12.45, 13.45, 14.45, and so on, until 19.45. I did
not find any information how long does it take from Visegrád to Nagymaros,
but I'm sure it won't take much time.
The ferry station at Nagymaros is only 400 meters away from the train
station. You can check the train schedule here:
http://elvira.mav-start.hu/elvira.dll/x/uf?iehack=%3F&ed=59E
61834&mikor=-1&isz=0&language=2&k=&ref=&retur=&nyit=&_
charset_=UTF-8&vparam=&i=Nagymaros-Visegr%C3%A1d&e=BUDA
PEST*&v=&d=17.10.20&u=1143&go=Timetable
Basically, there is at least one train in every hour, so you'll have time
to look around Nagymaros if you want to.

Don't forget to bring your student card or the paper which is temporary
equal with the student card, and ask everywhere 'student in full-time
course' ticket (usually 50% discount).
If you have any problem on Friday, please call me: +36/20-9965700
<+36%2020%20996%205700>
Have a nice trip!

Best regards,
Veronika Kiss