[Hallgato] Fw: [geovis] Fwd: 2x full-time PhD positions in HCI available at the University of Bremen (Germany)

Gede Mátyás saman at map.elte.hu
2016. Nov. 22., K, 13:44:13 CET

From: Haosheng Huang <haosheng.huang at tuwien.ac.at>
To: <geovis at iais.fraunhofer.de>
Cc: Johannes Schöning <schoening at uni-bremen.de>
Sent: Tue, 22 Nov 2016 12:59:36 +0100
Subject: [geovis] Fwd: 2x full-time PhD positions in HCI available at the
University of Bremen (Germany)

Sent on behalf of Johannes Schöning (in cc)

*Please forward to interested candidates. *
*
*
*
Link to Job Ad:*

*http://www.uni-bremen.de/universitaet/die-uni-als-arbeitgeber/offene-stellen/detailansicht/joblist/Job/show/2x-full-phd-research-position-2922.html?cHash=47e396da0d8b1bb3f4a340f0e9a9f3fd*

*Job Description:*

The newly formed research group for human-computer interaction (HCI) is
led by Prof. Dr. Johannes Schöning (www.johannesschoening.de
<http://www.johannesschoening.de>). He holds a Lichtenberg Professorship
and both PhD positions are supported by the Volkswagen foundation. In
our group we investigate how people interact with digital spatial
information and create new methods and novel interfaces to help people
interact with spatial information. This includes the development and
evaluation of wearable technologies, mobile augmented reality and
virtual reality applications, interactive surfaces and tabletops, and
other [UTF-8?]“post [UTF-8?]desktop” interfaces. Therefore, we are
currently looking for
students excited to do their PhD in this area at the intersection of
HCI, geoinformatics, and Ubicomp technologies.

*About us:*

The position offers great opportunities to conduct independent and
blue-sky PhD research in a vibrant research environment. We offer
collaboration with other members of the HCI group and other groups
within the CS department in Bremen. The successful candidate will be
working with a dynamic, friendly, and helpful team of computer science
researchers. Our research group is part of the school of computer
science at University of Bremen. The University of Bremen is one of 11
institutions classed as an "Elite university" in Germany, and an
university of approximately 23,500 students from over 100 countries,
offering a broad range of fringe benefits such as sports facilities,
cultural activities and daycare.

*Qualifications:*

We love to work with students with strong technical skills and
backgrounds across disciplines. Candidates should have an excellent
Master's degree or equivalent in computer science, or related
disciplines such as mathematics, physics, etc. Required skills are solid
experience in (mobile) software development (Android, iOS), and a very
good command of English (reading/writing/speaking). Ideally, you have
specialized in HCI topics and already have a good knowledge on
conducting experiments in HCI. In addition, the successful candidate
will be highly self-motivated, passionate about their work, and have
good ability to work both independently as well as in a team in a
multidisciplinary environment.

*Conditions of employment:*

The position is available for a period of three years (under the
condition of job release), with
the aim to complete the PhD within the 3 years.

As the University of Bremen intends to increase the proportion of female
employees in science, women are particularly encouraged to apply. In
case of equal personal aptitudes and qualification, disabled persons
will be given priority. Applicants with a migration background are welcome.

How to Apply & What to Do in Case of Questions:
Applications should comprise a

  * cover letter,
  * complete CV including any achievements,
  * degree certificates (including list of courses and grades),
  * names and contact details of at least two referees,
  * an one pager on your past and future research interests and ideas
    for your PhD
  * and other credentials if any (e.g., recommendation letters,
    publications, etc.).

Please send your application to:
Prof. Dr. Johannes Schöning
University of Bremen
Fachbereich 3
Postfach 33 04 40
283334 Bremen / Germany

or per e-mail to:
Prof. Dr. Johannes Schöning, schoening at uni-bremen.de <http://bremen.de>

Application deadline: December 31, 2016 (or until a suitable candidate
is found). If you have any questions about the position, please do not
hesitate to address them to the above email address.

We prefer applications via Email. For a paper-based application, please
make sure you only send document copies, as all received application
material will be destroyed after the selection process.

GEDE Mátyás
ELTE Térképtudományi és Geoinformatikai Tanszék, Budapest