||CET meeting 05-06. 02. 2000. Budapest
||Internet: Past, present, future|
Present facts and future trends
Present facts (USA):
- 44% of firms sell online, additional 36% will start it in some months.
- The development of information technology sector is the double of the whole economy in.
- From 1993 the high-tech industry created 1 Million new workplace.
- The income of software industry is larger then vehicle industry.
Future: the keyword is globalization.
- Every second there are 7 new internet users all over the world.
- The internet data traffic doubles every 100 days.
- 2001: e-commerce will be a 17 Billion US$ business.
- 2003: Europe - 50% of the population will be online.
- 2005: 1 Billion users.