5.1. Recent Publications on the History of Cartography in Hungary
The number of works published on the history of cartography in recent years has steadily kept growing.
Besides the articles in the professional journals several volumes have also been published.
- The History of Hungarian Surveying and Mapping (editors-in-chief: I. Joó, F. Raum), printed in Székesfehérvár.
- Vol. 1. Hungarian Surveying and Mapping in the Middle Ages (ed. P. Hrenkó, 126 pp., 1990),
- Vol. 2. Hungarian Surveying and Mapping since Samuel Mikoviny to the Middle of the 19th Century (ed. F. Raum and Gy. Winkler, 216 pp., 1993),
- Vol. 3. Hungarian Surveying and Mapping in the 2nd Half of the 19th Century (ed. L. Balázs, 200 pp., 1993),
- Vol. 4. The Beginnings of Modern Surveying in Hungary (ed. D. Csatkai, 370 pp., 1993),
- Vol. 5. Surveying and Mapping in Hungary after the Second World War (ed. F. Raum, 466 pp., 1993),
- Vol. 6. The Modernization of Hungarian Control Networks (ed. I. Joó, cca. 180 pp., to be published in 1995),
- Vol. 7. The Development of Cartography in Hungary Following the Foundation of the Hungarian Geographical Society (ed. . Papp-Váry, 136 pp., 1994),
- Vol. 8. Tables, Lists of Names (ed. F. Raum, 62 pp., 1994);
- Textbooks of the College of Surveying and Land Management, Székesfehérvár:
- History of the Profession of Surveying and Mapping (F. Raum, 114 pp., 1991),
- History of Surveying (F. Raum, 180 pp., 1994);
- Maps of Hungary Prior to the Battle of Mohács (L. Stegena, 68 pp., 25 map supplements, Budapest, 1991);
- Major Biographic and Professional Data of Hungarian Surveyors and Cartographers (F. Raum, 158 pp., Budapest, 1993);
- Cartographica Hungarica. Series on Hungarian Cartographic History (ed. and published by T. Szathmáry, Budapest - Novafeltria (Italy), Volumes published: No. 1. and 2. in 1992, No. 3. in 1993, No. 4. in 1994).
Jump to the Homepage of Department of Cartography and Geoinformatics, Eötvös University, Budapest