CET Terms of reference - 2015-2019
To promote and deliver workshops (and online, eLearning
ives), possibly in conjunction with other ICA
Commissions, introducing, in particular, knowledge transfer
to developing member nations of ICA.
- To maintain a record of educational courses at all levels
which include cartography, with an emphasis on learning
from those ICA member nations which have been successful
in expanding cartographic education in recent years.
- To record ad hoc courses (notably those delivered online,
commercially presented, or professional development
courses) and their creators/deliverers, to confirm the scope of
- To explore the possibilities of developing a Body of
Knowledge (BoK) for cartography, which could be used for
developing contemporary educational programmes and
encouraging the creation of specific cartographic modules
with valid and viable learning outcomes.
- To examine the role of accreditation of educational courses
by professional bodies and to report on the formalisation of
- To work towards the overall aims of ICA: long
indicated in the Statutes, shorter term such as International
Map Year, and ongoing including contributing to the new
International Journal of Cartography and to International